Matt Smits, MS -
- Sixteen years of experience in management and development of advanced medical device technology, from concept to reality and commercial success.
- Strong capabilities and experience in medical device development management, product innovation and assessment, clinical and product market research.
- Extensive industry knowledge in multi-disciplinary bioengineering, clinical studies, regulatory requirements, GMP, FDA/QSR compliance, patent law and medical technology licensing.
- Successful in achieving SBIR and TATRC (US Army medicine) funding (>$3.5 million) for various start-ups.
- Founder and Principal of Medspire Associates, LLC, Portland, OR, a management and technology consulting firm with clients in the medical device industry, start-ups and research organizations.
- Smits, M.P., et al., "Hearing Evaluation Device with Noise Evaluation Capabilities", US Patent pending.
- Smits, M.P., et al., "Hearing Evaluation Device with Noise-Weighting Capability" US Patent 6,620,100 B2.
- Smits, M.P., "End-Tidal Breath Analyzer", US Patent 6,544,190.
- Smits, M.P., et al., "Hearing Evaluation Device with Patient Connection Capabilities" US Patent 6,475,163.
- Smits, M.P., et al., "Hearing Evaluation Device with Predictive Capability", US Patent 6,343,230.
- Smits, M.P., "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Myoelectric Activity from the Surface of the Skin", US Patent 5,711,307.
- Smits, M.P., et al., "Prosthetics Electrode Array Diagnostics System", US Patent 5,448,999.
- Smits, M.P., et al., "Prosthetics Electrode Array Diagnostics System", US Patent 5,341,813.
- Smits, M.P., "Method and Apparatus for Switching Degrees of Freedom in a Prosthetic Limb", US Patent 5,336,269.